It's been awhile since the last update so I hope you enjoy!
Too much Dustin
Dustin was the last guy I met on match.com. He was nice but he was just a little bit too into me. On our second and final date he told me that when he looked at me he wasn't sure if I was real or an angel and when he looked in my eyes he had to remember to keep breathing. Yay those are sweet things to say but the way he said it just creeped me out. Onto the next one...
And the curse of the D continues...
Excuses
Back in December my cousins came out to visit and on one of the nights went out to dinner with a college friend. My cousin that I live with thought we might hit it off and she was right we did. DD is a right guy at the wrong time. Just about as soon as we started talking about a billion things in his life went crazy, one right after the other. He was sick, his new puppies were sick, a pipe burst in his condo and flooded it, gave himself a concussion at work, client emergency, forced to go into the office by his boss, got sick again, parents got sick, once he even forgot we had plans, more puppy emergencies, and a few others I'm probably forgetting. For whatever reason I chose to be understanding and forgiving. He wasn't from the Internet, he came highly recommended, he wasn't a creeper and I actually like him and get along with him very well. I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt because all his reasons for canceling and rescheduling were legitimate reasons outside his control. After about four months I started to get frustrated. I want a real relationship, he is trying to get his life back in order after all of his craziness. In the processes of doing that I feel like I've become less important to him. I found that I was the one calling him, texting him and trying to make plans with him. That's not the type of relationship I want. When I talked to him about it he said he'd be better and he was for about a week. To aid in my attempt to not be so upset about when he cancelled on me I made a bingo card with all his excuses and would mark them off as he called and cancelled. I told myself I would give it till the end of June but I don't think I'll make it that far. I feel like I've compromised what I want out of a relationship in order to try and make this one work and that's just not me. I've decided to stop trying to make it work. If he wants a relationship with me then he can call me and I will lay it out for him and he can decide if he can really commit to being in an actual relationship with me. I'm done wasting my time and energy into something that he's not investing in. We make time for the things that are important to us. He's not making time for me, so why should I?
Only time will tell if it's onto the next one..... (I'll be sure and update when the decision has been made)
I'm so sorry. I know you were pretty fond of this one so I'm sorry to see him go. I agree with you though, this goes both ways and if he is unable to make time for you than why should you make time for him? If it had only happened a couple of times I could let it slide, but not when he does it consistently. :(
ReplyDeleteAnd not when I have a bingo card of it. Lol. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. In the past 5 weeks I've seen him once and cancelled seven times.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Mel. I only know of this "dd" guy by what you have posted...and it sounds like you are interested in him quite a bit, even though he's flaked a trillion times on you but can I be blunt when I say....something is NOT right with him if he's cancelled this many times on you. I know he comes "highly recommended" and he may be a great friend...but do we know what kind of boyfriend he is? He may just not be interested and not be telling you because he likes you as a friend, etc. I dunno how he feels but I do know that his actions are saying something...(his actions meaning all his cancellations). Your worth more than that. You deserve better than that and you know that. Don't start settling now because that will end up in you being miserable later. Your beautiful and there is a great guy out there for you. Usually love happens when you least expect it. Much love being sent your way.
ReplyDelete-Paris
ps: your penis picture story is funny. made me laugh. ewww gross.
Thanks Paris! I'm back and forth on him a lot. I can't get my brain to just be over it.
ReplyDelete