Saturday, December 11, 2010

Things not to talk about or do on a date

It has been awhile since I last updated. I have been on two dates since. 
Baggage (part 2):I ended up going on a second date with baggage guy. It was as bad as the first. He decided he would cook for me. He made me carbs. A huge gigantic plate of carbs. Undercooked spaghetti and that's it. No salad, no bread, no dessert. Just a jar of ragu and plate of carbs. While cooking he barely talked to me which was okay because he had knocked up playing on his tv in his living room (the beer pong table really brought the room together) for us/me to watch while I sat there bored out of my mind. I really just wanted to get up and leave, proclaiming that I just can't do this and I almost did a few times. The whole time he was cooking, I was texting and trying to get the bitch inside of me to stand up and leave. However the nice person inside of me won and I stayed. I should have let the bitch in me win. He had no plans for is after dinner. He randomly decided to take me for a walk around the block. Afterwards we finished watching knocked up complete with awkward stopper boobs in your face scene included. I'm not saying knocked up is a bad movie, I thought it was funny, I just don't want to watch it on a date with a guy I barely know. Afterwards we watched V for vendetta then I went home. 
Have a plan, that's all I'm asking for. Even if your plan is dinner, a walk and a movie. Let me know that you put more than 15 seconds of thought into how you plan on spending an evening with me. 
AND ON TO THE NEXT ONE.....
Credit Score: Matt is another match.com guy and from all of our communicating seemed to be a great guy. And he is, except we've been talking for two weeks and I know way too much about him. I don't mean the "that's way too personal" too much. I mean that he won't shut up. I know what schools he went to as a kid, the ups and downs of his relationships with his cousins, what he likes in salad, his favorite drink at starbucks, his life goals, his past 5 jobs and why he no longer has them, his current work schedule  and what medicine he uses for his diabetes (which is totally under control). We had our first date LAST night and I knew all of that and more before our date. For you to truly grasp how odd this date was let me tell you about where we went. Unlike baggage guy Matt had a plan. Matt lives in Napa so he very kindly drove all the way to fairfield and meet me at the mall, he wanted to take me to Thai food so he drove me all the way back to Napa. He then wanted to take me to a movie so he drove me all the way back to fairfield. (the next movie wasn't playing for almost 2 hours so we walked around and got ice-cream instead). Yeah that's right we went to Napa for a whole 40 minutes to eat then come back then after our date (which lasted a whole 3 hours) he had to drive back to Napa. 
During dinner a variety of subjects was talked about: family, hobbies, fantasy football (thank you chris!) and his good credit score. Yea go on read that last bit of conversation subject again. His freaking credit! He did not tell me his score, but I'm sure if I asked then he would have. Apparently his credit is marvelous and pristine. I'm not saying that having good credit is bad but talking about it is not first date conversation. It was at that point that I realized just about all hope for him has been lost. I have agreed to go on a second date with him, he might have a shot if he can redeem himself and shut up for longer than 90 seconds. If not then it's....
ON TO THE NEXT ONE.

3 comments:

  1. 1. You're welcome.
    2. All guys are geeky over something. Perhaps his thing (or his latest thing he discovered?) is his credit score. If I were single and dating, ladies would probably say I talk to much about baseball or tires. EVERY guy is geeky for something. Avoid WOW players. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Players are the best. Don't hate.
    Although, I agree. Everyone has quirks, it's just how much of those quirks you are willing to over look. You never know, by the next date he may not care at all about his credit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His latest email is about how he is waiting to hear back from the peace core. He thinks we should discuss the matter and how it might affect our future relationship. I'm thinking that we might have to discuss a restraining order in our future.

    ReplyDelete