Free Dinner
I met Tom on eharmony's free communication weekend. The problem with this was that I couldn't see Tom's picture. Now attraction is not solely based on looks, but it definitely plays a part. Tom and I emailed back and forth a bit and he seems to be like an okay guy. After a few days I finally asked him to email me a picture. Not cute in the slightest. I also have a theory that most men take horrible pictures. Though from looking at his picture it didn't seem like my margin for better looking in person would help much. Plus he lied about being "slightly over weight" he wasn't a fat kid who ate cake everyday but he was closer to the end of the table where the cake was situated. Believing in my most everyone deserves a chance (or at least the chance to buy me dinner) I agreed to let Tom take me out. I slightly knew going in that he would just be free dinner unless he was way super amazing and magnificent. The first won in the end. He was 10 minutes late and dressed alright but he was wearing gym shoes. I don't expect a suit and tie, but at a minimum don't wear the same shoes that you get nasty sweaty in to take me out. He took me to Red Robin, our dinner conversation consisted of drinking, what he helps with at church, and how half the worship team is hangover on Sunday mornings. After dinner we did a quick lap around the bottom floor of the mall before he had time to ask me to do anything else I told him that I needed to go and check on one of my clients before it got to late. I didn't really need to check on a client but one did ask me to stop by if I had time so I used it as an excuse. He then followed me to my car to switch I quickly got into and I said thanks for dinner as I was backing out.
Onto the next one....
Nice guys do finish last
A friend of mine decided to set me up. As I began to talk to NW he seemed like a great guy and in truth he really is. However when I met him there just wasn't any chemistry there for me. I did have fun on our date and I hope we remain friends.
And onto the next one...
Haha, hey don't knock the gym shoes! Stephen wears gym shoes (the only shoes he owns besides work shoes & dressy shoes) and track pants every day of his life. And he's dreamy. :)
ReplyDelete