Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And so it begins...

After a few too many requests and repeated story telling I finally decided to start a dating blog to allow everyone the enjoyment of experiencing my dating adventures along with me. This first post will be slightly long since I will recap from the boy that started it all to the latest one tossed in the dating dumpster. Please be mindful that there may be some suggestive language and sexual content. This is not a PG13 blog since I date people older than 13 (besides that’d be way gross). 

My Favorite Ex-Boyfriend:
My dating adventures start last April with DW. DW and I have been friends since spring of 2001. We meet on a mission trip to Mexico. We ended up being on a bunch of the same outreaches and became good friends the summer of 2002 when I was doing an internship for the missions org and he spent 3 weeks as a translator in August. Since then we have gone on many of the same outreaches and the past 4 or 5 years I have translated for his group when they came. He lives on the east coast and I have even stayed with his parents on 3 or 4 trips to that area that I have taken. This past April I really liked DW and when I got to Mexico midweek (I went down late because of a test at school) he ended up coming to my dorm room door and flirting with me or whatever you want to call it. The rest of the week went great and on Friday we discussed and decided to date. I said goodbye to him on Saturday as he and his team boarded a plane. The next time I spoke with him was on Tuesday when he told me that he had made a mistake, that he got caught up in the moment and the high of the trip and that his feelings for me were really just as a friend. He had a very wonderful apology. I really felt like what he did was very out of character for him and really wasn’t the type of guy that I knew him to be. Plus he is an awesome friend and a weeklong relationship isn’t worth throwing away almost 9 years of friendship away. DW and I are still good friends and it is almost as if that week never happened. I love the fact that our friendship is the same as it was before that week. This is why DW is not only my favorite ex-boyfriend but also a great friend.

The Boring One:
            After DW a bunch of friends convinced me to try a dating site. I have quite a few friends that have had successful relationship & marriages out of websites so I gave in and decided to give it a try. The first guy I met was Juan. Juan was great on paper but boring as heck in person. He got two dates. He also failed to mention that he had mild CP and was more interested in my job than me. He got us lost walking around Davis. I had to find our way back. Boring=me over you.

My Date with Destiny:
            On the night of my second date with Juan I was told that I had to push it back an hour so that I could meet my “destiny” (thanks Susie). Some friends of mine moved cross-country and brought her little brother who was my age to help with the move. She was trying to convince him to move to CA so she forced me to go on a date with him. My friend’s band was playing a fourth of July show so I had to go to that and meet him before this force date of ours. WM was really nice and I agreed to go on the date that I had no choice on anyway. A few days later my best friend, her husband and I were driving to SF to have a triple date with my friend her husband and her little brother. The date was really fun and the nest night WM and I went out just the two of us. Then he flew home to Florida with no intentions of moving to CA. Fun two dates but no future of a relationship. We still talk every so often and sometimes his sister asks me how he is doing.

The Douchebag:
            Dylan was a guy I met online. He started off wonderful. We had a great first date. He gave me a foot massage WHILE we were making out in his car. Boy had some skills. Our second date was also fun. We had planned a 3rd date. I liked where things were going with Dylan and was excited for our next date. The day before the date he texted me and asked if we could get together sooner so that we could spend more time together. I agreed. 10 hours later at midnight I get a text that states: “I don’t think this is going to work out. Have a nice life.” Douchebag plain and simple. I went on a 9-mile hike that day instead with some amazing friends.

The Penis Pictures:
            After Dylan I started talking to two guys Brian the Truck driver and Jose the catholic. Jose never had a chance but I was bored and needed a pick me up after Dylan. One Wednesday night both Brian and Jose asked me to text them a picture of me, they both got ones that were already on my profile. Jose responded with a picture of his penis and Brian responded with a picture of his penis AND a video. Seriously, what part of my cute wholesome Jesus loving personality says please please please send me of picture of your penis even though I’ve never met you in real life. Penises aren’t even attractive looking and a video seriously? I still to this day have no words for that memory I would like to delete in my mind.

The Creepers:
            There was a guy named Tim who on the third day of texting called me sunshine and it took him 3 days of me not responding and me finally having to tell him that he reached the creepy stage to stop texting me. There was also a guy named Aaron who would text me everyday and get mad if I didn't text him bak. he was super needy and I was over him before I even got a free meal out of it.

Fuck Buddy:
            A co-worker and good friend of mine decided to hook me up with a guy she used to date. SB and I started texting and got along great. Things were going well and we had gone on 5 dates, the first two ended in making out in one of our cars and the last three making out other places. SB is a good kisser. We made plans for a 6th date, the day before he texted me to confirm plans before he could he had to ask me something. This is exactly what his text said word for word: “I was going to have this talk with you about sex but it pretty much boils down to me asking you if you’ll be my fuck buddy” Yup over a text. The conversation went on about how he needs to know before the next time we hang out, which was the next day. So fuck him tomorrow or stop dating. I choose to stop, but if I change my mind he’s here for me. Yea No…

The Ass-hole:
            Which brings us to Steve. Steve is a youth pastor and I’m sure you are wondering why he gets the ass-hole nickname, but just keep reading for the well-deserved justification. I also meet Steve online. We went out for coffee once then had a great first date, went to the corn maze and ended up hangout and watching a great TV show that we both adore. Had another date that also went well. Had a third date planned for this past Saturday. He texts me that afternoon saying that his pastor is having emergency surgery and that he is on his way to San Jose to be at the hospital. We then proceed to text all day long about his pastor, the hospital, the surgery and just stuff in general our last texting has to do with how he will have to preach the following Sunday. Being the wonderful amazing caring sweet woman that I am I decided to drop off cookies at his house for when he gets back from the hospital since his day was ruined. When I drive up I see that his lights are on, I think okay maybe he left in a hurry and left them on. I peak though the blinds and I see him sitting on his couch watching TV. I did a double, triple and whatever take because the pissed off level in my body broke and reached new heights. As I stood outside his door I texted him that he should preach about lying. His response was “Huh?” I texted him again saying that I was standing outside his door because I was going to drop off cookies for him and that I could see him sitting on his couch. After watching him read the text he turns and tries to see me out of the blinds then turns his head back. He does not get up to face me. I text him to see if he is going to open the door, nothing he just lays there still as he could be. I knock, same thing no movement. I walked back to my car and sent him a few more texts letting him know a few things. He responds that he just got scared because we were getting close and he freaked. My response was that he should have opened the door and told me to my face or he should have just been honest with me in the first place. Just because you are a christian and/or a pastor doesn't mean you're not an asshole.

The Future:
            This is my dating adventure so far. I have been talking with a new guy and we have a date on Thursday. I haven’t decided if this blog should be for the good and the bad or just the bad. Maybe I’ll paste a poll about it. I also have created a play list on my iphone called “on to the next one” if you know of any great songs to add to it for me to listen to post horrible dating experience please feel free to let me know. I will try to get around to posting the songs currently on it.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should blog all of your experiences. You never know what will happen and I would love to keep up with your amazingly interesting dating life. Your life is defiantly more interesting than mine. Oh yeah and you are amazing, but you already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie. This is so entertaining, yet I know somewhere, some of these moments are a drag to remember. So truth be told, I hope the best for you, the right guy comes along at the right time (seemingly anytime now as you seem more than ready to begin the relationship with the right guy) and that this blog finds a happy ending before too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I don't know if this is a "yay! got rid of that jerk!" play list or a "sulky I've been screwed again" play list, so here are some of my personal favorites. The only "sulky" one on there is The Format, which is still fun and upbeat :)
    Play list suggestions:
    Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects
    1000 Umbrellas - The Format
    Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
    Feeling Sorry - Paramore
    Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne (just because!)

    ReplyDelete